The OFLA listserv is hosted by Kent State University. The listserv is designed to communicate with OFLA members concerning both OFLA events and foreign language teaching in general. The listserv provides you with immediate contact with other OFLA members. Join the OFLA listserv today!
sub OFLA firstname lastname
(Example: sub OFLA Cheryl Johnson)
del OFLA firstname lastname
(Example: del OFLA Cheryl Johnson)
To Send a Message to the Listserv
NOTE: Becoming a member of OFLA does not automatically add you to the OFLA listserv. You must subscribe to it by following the instructions above.
- Include a signature on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that benefits everyone.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals–not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list”, through the listserv. To unsubscribe from the list, follow the instructions above.
- When using an Auto Reply message for times you are out of the office, please be sure to “Create a Rule” that would prohibit sending the message to the list.