The OFLA Vision
Every Ohio student will be proficient in a second language, which is essential to a world-class education.
The OFLA Mission
The Ohio Foreign Language Association is committed to world language study beginning in the primary grades, so that every learner, from early childhood through adult, acquires a high level of communicative and intercultural competence.
The OFLA Strategic Plan
- Establish clear expectations for foreign language learners.
- Build the capacity of foreign language teachers to prepare learners to demonstrate their proficiency.
- Build support for foreign language instruction among parents, policy leaders, the business community and opinion leaders in the media.
Ohio Foreign Language Association
Ashland Graduate Credit
In order to receive Ashland graduate credit for attending OFLA workshops follow the instructions below.
1. Sign up at our member site for workshops that you would like to attend.
2. Sign up for OFLA 2010-11 Foreign Language Educators 1, 2, or 3 hours credit at http://www1.ashland.edu/founders/content/ofla-2013-14-frgnlangwrksp (Each credit is equal to 15 hours of workshops combined.)
2014 OFLA Annual Conference
“The Times, They Are a-Changin’”
Embrace the Changes, Reap the Benefits—Teachers Helping Teachers
Mark Your Calendars Now !!
Laura Terrill, Keynote speaker
Laura Terrill holds a BA in French from the University of Missouri and a MA in Secondary Administration from Northeast Missouri State University. She taught French at all levels for 21 years before becoming the Coordinator of Foreign Language and English as a Second Language and then, Director of Curriculum in the Parkway School District in St. Louis, MO. She has taught methods courses at Washington University in St. Louis and at Butler University in Indiana and continues to present at the local, state, regional and national levels. She is currently working as an independent consultant in World Language and ELL.
2014 Nominating Committee News
Open Positions for 2014 Election
The 2014 Nominating Committee is seeking OFLA Members as candidates for the upcoming 2014 election of officers and committee chairs.
The open positions and length of terms are:
Executive Vice-President - four year commitment
Professional Development Chair - three year term
Editor for Electronic Media - three year term
Beginning Teachers Chair - 1 year term
Scholarship Chair - 1 year term
Early Language Learning Chair - 1 year term
Technology Chair - 1 year term