The OFLA Vision
Every Ohio student will be proficient in a second language, which is essential to a world-class education.
The OFLA Mission
The Ohio Foreign Language Association is committed to world language study beginning in the primary grades, so that every learner, from early childhood through adult, acquires a high level of communicative and intercultural competence.
The OFLA Strategic Plan
- Establish clear expectations for foreign language learners.
- Build the capacity of foreign language teachers to prepare learners to demonstrate their proficiency.
- Build support for foreign language instruction among parents, policy leaders, the business community and opinion leaders in the media.
Ohio Foreign Language Association
2013-2014 Annual Board Reports
Quick links for SLO and IPA Resources
And thanks for the shout-out for our OFLA resources at the IPA session at ACTFL.
Ashland Graduate Credit
In order to receive Ashland graduate credit for attending OFLA workshops follow the instructions below.
1. Sign up at our member site for workshops that you would like to attend.
2. Sign up for OFLA 2010-11 Foreign Language Educators 1, 2, or 3 hours credit at http://www1.ashland.edu/founders/content/ofla-2013-14-frgnlangwrksp (Each credit is equal to 15 hours of workshops combined.)